Yes, OYIS offers several types of scholarships.
The OYIS achievement award seeks to recognize academic excellence, community engagement and international mindedness. This is an opportunity for students entering Grade 9 or 10 to earn up to a 100% scholarship. The process includes writing a scholarship exam, writing a personal essay and concludes with an interview. Details of the award are released in January with testing taking place in February annually.
Community Support Financial Grant:
The goal of the Community Support Financial Grant (CSFG) is to help families in the community that are in need of international education but may be unable to afford the full cost of attending an international school. Scholarships will be awarded to families chosen by the scholarship committee and officially approved by the OYIS Governing Board.
- Understand and support the educational philosophy of OYIS
- Be in financial need
- Support the school by volunteering their time
- Be a member of either the Parent Volunteer Group or Parent Ambassador group
- Submit documents that verify their family income for the present and past school year
- Be a positive supporter of the school
- The child and at least one parent should try to communicate with the school in English.
Applications for the CSFG open in February and March annually.