Osaka YMCA International School is pleased to announce that with the authorization of our Middle Years Programme (MYP), we have joined the elite ranks of three-programme IB continuum in the world and in Japan. As an IB continuum school, as of June 2021 we are 1 of 12 such schools in the country of Japan, and the only 1 in the city of Osaka.
This is a massive step for our school. We are so proud of what we have accomplished in the past year. Some important takeaways from our most recent authorization outlined these statements:
- All groups within the school community demonstrate wide understanding of, and commitment to, the IB
- The school provides staff with significant experience and professional qualifications necessary to support implementing the IB
- Teachers systematically incorporate differentiation for students learning needs and styles into collaborative planning and reflection
- Learning experiences in every subject group support language development of students
- We have built a stimulating learning environment based on understanding and respect throughout the school community
For four years OYIS’ focus has been on completing the IB authorization process. Thank you so much to all of you for believing in our little OYIS school. We have certainly come a long way. We will start next year a continuum IB school on the way to celebrating the future with our first cohort of graduating students.