Announcing our Middle Years Programme!
🥳 A big round of applause! We are officially an MYP school! 👏
It is with great pleasure and gratitude that OYIS would like to announce that we have been approved by the International Baccalaureate Organization to offer the Middle Years Programme.
We are so proud of what we have accomplished! The report from the IB outlined our impressive progress and growth over the past few years. Here are some of the statements from the report:
- The school has implemented a strong communications strategy for the promotion of the MYP to the whole school community including focused actions to reach the various school stakeholders
- All groups within the school community demonstrate wide understanding of, and commitment to, the MYP
- The governance and leadership structure supports all aspects of the implementation of the MYP
- The school provides staff with significant experience and professional qualifications necessary to support implementing the MYP
- Teachers systematically incorporate differentiation for students learning needs and styles into collaborative planning and reflection
- Learning experiences in every subject group support language development of students
- The school has built a stimulating learning environment based on understanding and respect throughout the school community.
The administration has been privileged to lead and support this process. For four years our focus has been on completing the IB authorization process. With this news today, OYIS becomes a three programme IB World School! Our journey is now complete. A special mention goes out to our MYP coordinator and MYP/DP principal, Monique Palmer. Our MYP is her vision and we would not be where we are today without her creativity, care and effort. Thank you so much to all of you for believing in our little OYIS school. We have certainly come a long way.
And just like that the next step for our school begins!